GitHub is a platform by which you can collaboration and version control your project. That enables you & your team to remote collaboration on projects.
Why we use GitHub
- Git is a version control system.
- Version control is used to track changes and manage code.
- Version Control system are used by any type of developer as a part of their workflow.
- git has it’s own staging envirnoment.
- By using staging envirnoment, you can make changes to the working directory.
- Staging makes it easier to adjust what you commit.
- Branch help you structure new changes.
- By using branches, you can work on your repository without any risk.
- when finished and finalizing the code, your branch can be merged with master/main github branch.
- When working with other programmers, git comes in handy as a collaboration tool.
As version control is a necessory part of development, Git knowledge is needed in most developers job.